The idea for Teach To Transform came from Dr. Tom, an ER doctor for over 25 years. He has embraced the new philosophy of short-term mission trips to “go and teach” rather than “go and do.” Dr. Tom has several years of hands-on experience teaching others to perform medical procedures in third world countries. By teaching local pastors and leaders to perform basic medical skills, Dr. Tom has witnessed the impact that teaching others can have on the health and strength of a community.
Jim Headlee is assisting Dr. Tom in this endeavor. Jim is a business person who desires to invest in the Kingdom. Teach To Transform welcomes and partners with others who teach professional and life skills that can be used to bring transformation to individuals and communities.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. II Timothy 3:15-17.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. John 1:1-4; Matthew 1:23; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 & 4:15; Acts 1:11 & 2:22-24; I Corinthians 15:3-4.
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation. Titus 3:4-7; Luke 24:46-47; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6; Acts 4:12.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. Galatians 5:16-18; Romans 8:9.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. Revelation 20:11-15; I Corinthians 15:51-57.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. Ephesians 1:22-23; I Corinthians 12:12, 27.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism is a responsibility of both the Church and each Christian. Romans 10:9-15; Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:18-20; I Peter 3:15
To excel at teaching, training, equipping and launching professionally skilled Christians to train, teach, equip and launch the local church leaders in impoverished communities to transform their people for the Kingdom of God in the name of Jesus.
To share the love of Jesus Christ by sending out short-term mission teams to “go and teach” professional and life skills rather than “go and do.”